Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What is the best business out there for YOU?

After I finished my call with Frank Dickinson today, I created the Utterz file above. However, it is such an important topic, I decided to write a bit more about what we all need to focus on as we turn our hopes and dreams into reality.

I get calls and emails all the time and nearly everyone is saying/asking the same thing: You've either been through it all and are looking for the "best thing out there", or you may tell me over and over that you have already found it...
No matter what the backstory is, the big question is always the same:

Jeff, what is the best way that I can make money in an at-home business?

And since the question is the same, my answer is the same:

Whatever you love doing, do that. The money will follow.

If you are into nutrition/weight loss or the latest or best juice, then do the research and sign up for THAT company. Do you like to travel? Or maybe its cosmetics, or herbs and spices, diet products or who-knows-what.

Whatever it is, it’s out there and waiting for YOU. Not you, as in "you or I" but YOU as in "_____________". (whatever your name is)

You need to sell YOU first, and your products second. People will buy YOU first, and then do business with you after you've sold them as the expert of the products you have for sale.

So, since you need to be the expert, and to quote Donald Trump: "You need to love what you do or it will never work", find something that you can become passionate about.

Nearly 20 years ago, I went to work for a guy who started a coffee roasting company out of his apartment. (Yes, I said apartment.) He bought a small roaster, roasted the beans and then the next morning, would go sell the 1 pound bags to little independent grocery stores. It wasn't easy. He sold himself first, and the store owners could see that he was passionate about his product. By the time I met him, he had his coffee in the aforementioned little stores AND the big chains like Vons, Safeway,Krogers, Raley's etc. And all because he started out being passionate about coffee, and he sold himself first.

So, I’ll write a bit more about this later, but remember, find something that you can see YOU doing. Don’t forget to let me know about it. I can’t wait to hear more about YOU.

No comments: