Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Are you a "failure"?

GOOD! So am I...many times over.

And I'm excited about that, because I learned long ago that you learn more from your failures than from your successes. Reggie Jackson struck out more than ANYONE else who ever played in Major League Baseball. 2597 times. That's a lot of failure. But he also hit 563 home runs and is in the Hall of Fame because he was WILLING to fail that much.

So you need to ask yourself TWO very important questions:

1) Are you willing to fail? (If "yes" continue to question #2)

2) How much?

Wow. Some people never think of it like that, but its true: the biggest successes in life aren't the people who never failed...the biggest successes are the people that fail over and over but refuse to give up.

But some people want to play it "safe". They are happy punching the clock everyday at the same time, going to luch at the same time, and going home at the same time.

(Rinse and repeat daily for 40 years.)

But that wasn't me. I knew...from the time I was about eight years old, that what I really wanted to do was to help people. And now finally, (I turn 42 this month) I do it every day.

So what about you?

Do you KNOW...I mean really, really KNOW that YOU are BETTER than the life you currently live? Even though others may step on your dreams, do you still keep pushing forward? Are you always telling yourself "I know that I was meant for something, I just haven't found it yet..."

If so, I'd like to hear from you. Tell me how you failed, how you were knocked down in life, but got right back up. I'd like to share some things with you that may help you succeed more often.

I'm here. Its what I do.

(Below, I've posted a video of famous "failures". Of course THEY knew that they weren't failures, and kept moving forward until...SUCCESS!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring stuff, Jeff. And the video really brings it home.

There are times in everybody's life when things don't go as planned.

We fall, we fail, we eat it pretty good at times.....

It's the dust on our hands that makes the victory so much sweeter at the end.

And inspiration to others. Like you Jeff. :-)

B